www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Flying into Florence Jan- 41/2 days in Italy-suggestions to go to Rome also

Default Flying into Florence Jan- 41/2 days in Italy-suggestions to go to Rome also

I know it's a bit of stretch but flying into Florence on the 13 of Jan around noon and leaving on the 18 Jan on really early flight. I was hoping for best suggestion of taking train or renting a car to go to Rome for 2.5 days ? Any suggestions / ideas ? How mild or cold is the weather in Jan ? Thank You

Default Rome from Florence

Buongiorno,

The weather in January....to tell the truth the weather (anywhere) has been really a hit of miss...but the norm is that January is chilly to freezing cold. So definitely be prepared and dress in layers. Gloves, a hat and a scarf (unless you want to buy a "bell ricordo" of Florence and get a beautiful pair of handmade leather gloves while here).

You can see more about the weather at this link: http://www.visitflorence.com/florenc...-florence.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise.

If you really want to go to Rome (although I'd recommend visiting closer towns in Tuscany first - Siena and Pisa are magnificent even in January), then the train is the way to go!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

I agree it's hard to determine the weather these days due to global warming etc. The world is changing as we know it

Share and Bookmark!