Most famous dish of tuscany.

paul12

Any body have the recipe of the "tripe and lampredotto". my friend told me about that who visited last year.
:cool:

You definitely should try it when you are here in Florence! Go to the Mercato Centrale, there is a place called Nerbone's, really popular, that is only open at lunch and serves great "panini" with the trippa and lampredotto (separately, not together).

I've never tried making it, so I don't know how hard it is.... I went in search of a recipe - many are in Italian but I found this one in English: Fork Spoon Knife: From Florence!!! Panino al Lampredotto by Juls

You definitely should try it when you are here in Florence! Go to the Mercato Centrale, there is a place called Nerbone's, really popular, that is only open at lunch and serves great "panini" with the trippa and lampredotto (separately, not together).

I've never tried making it, so I don't know how hard it is.... I went in search of a recipe - many are in Italian but I found this one in English: Fork Spoon Knife: From Florence!!! Panino al Lampredotto by Juls

Haven't really get the right taste. I've tried as well but there is a distinct flavor that I cannot really taste not sure of that though.

Ciao a tutti!
you might also try both Lampredotto & Trippa at the peddler between Via Dante and Via de' Cerchi or....this little trattoria which is really one of the best renowned by locals: TRIPPERIA IL MAGAZZINO in Piazza della Passera, an authentic quaint little square located in the OLTRARNO district. It is mostly frequented by locals. Only humble and tasty recipes from the Tuscan traditions are served with a great glass of CHIANTI red wine! Buon appetito! :)

Ciao a tutti!
you might also try both Lampredotto & Trippa at the peddler between Via Dante and Via de' Cerchi or....this little trattoria which is really one of the best renowned by locals: TRIPPERIA IL MAGAZZINO in Piazza della Passera, an authentic quaint little square located in the OLTRARNO district. It is mostly frequented by locals. Only humble and tasty recipes from the Tuscan traditions are served with a great glass of CHIANTI red wine! Buon appetito! :)

Thanks a lot for this tip, greatly appreciated.

Lampredotto nad other things you could eat in Florence

Lampredotto is like a religion in Florence :)

Yes, I also heard about this tripe sandwich called Lampredotto that the city was known for and I was really excited to try it. The sandwich is street food and mostly served from carts.

But never tried it :confused: