Default bus stops on Routes #12 & #13 up to San Miniato & Piazzale Michelangelo

we will be walking around central Florence, near Santa Croce, Uffizi, Palazzo Vecchio, etc, and want to take Bus #12 or 13 from that area up to Piazzale Michelangelo and San Miniato. I can't seem to find out if there are stops and/or where they are in that part of Florence. I am hoping we don't have to go back to the bus station to board. Can anyone confirm that there are several stops in the area around the river, either on north or south side, that we can find? If so, where? And are the scheduled stops frequent on those routes during the mid afternoon week days? Thanks so much for any help! Also any hints or suggestions regarding how best to include in our visit the church vespers with the monks chanting?

Florence, Italy

Default Re: bus stops on Routes #12 & #13 up to San Miniato & Piazzale Michelangelo

If you go to the page on Piazzale Michelangelo here, there is a map at the bottom that shows the bus routes for #12 and #13.
    If you're close to Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio, Santa Croce - the #13 is the one to catch. There are stops on Corso Tintori north of the river and then two on the southern side on lungarno Serristori.
    If you're closer to the train station or near Pitti Palace/Porta Romana, then the better one to catch is #12 at Porta Romana. Both run often during the day, at least every 15-20 min at the very most in the afternoons.

As for San Miniato, you can see from this page that the Gregorian chant is at 10am and 5.30pm but I'd head up earlier so you can walk around beforehand. If you catch the #13, you can get off at Piazzale Michelangelo first and walk to San Miniato, but if you're on the #12, San Miniato will come up first... but it is really really close, so if you pass it up, just get off in Pzle. Michelangelo.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!