Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'll have to give you a new nickname - "Lourdes, Stress Reliever Extraordinaire".
    My hotel in Montecatini Terme will have a taxi meet us at the airport and we'll make a stop to see the Leaning Tower before leaving town.

My father, who was too young to serve in the military during WWII, served in Korea in the late 1940's. Then, with the Marshall Plan to rebuild Europe after the war, he was recalled into the Army in 1950 and built roads throughout Tuscany and was really proud of his picture in front of the Tower in Pisa. He died in 2000. Then in 2004, my mother and a girlfried went on an Italy tour and she also took a picture in front of the Tower. So now it is time for my daughter and I to carry on the tradition

And, I'm in the process to secure my own Italian citizenship as I am Italian "through blood". My grandfather did not become a US citizen until after my father was born which made Pop an Italian (although he never realized it) and therefore so am I and so is my daughter.

Florence, Italy

So glad this is going to work out and you will be able to carry out the tradition of visiting the Leaning Tower with your daughter!! Having a driver come pick you up and drive you to the hotel sounds perfect, will definitely reduce any last segment stress.

How wonderful to be able to pick up Italian citizenship through bloodline, hope the process doesn't turn out to be too difficult. Will you be dealing with local public bureaucracy on this trip such as picking up copies of birth certificates at local anagrafe offices or purely vacation time with your daughter?
    Sounds like you will have a lovely time together, regardless!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!