www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Transport to Mugello Race track

Thank you for your answers! I have some more questions though!
    I see in the pdf 3 different stations "S. Piero A Sieve" (train, FS and the "normal") which do you suggest to take?
    Google maps gives only 2km distance from Scarperia to Mugello Circuit!!!

For the bus tickets, how are we gonna ask from it, "bus tickets from San Piero a Sieve to Scarperia" or just "bus tickets"?

Thank you!

Welcome back:-)

Actually there’s just one train station in San Piero a Sieve. You can better check bus timetables on this pdf:
    http://www.amvbus.it/orari/302.pdf

The race circuit is right alongside the town of Scarperia, and can be reached in about 15-20 minutes walking. The distance is about 1,5 km, so it’s quite convenient on foot
    As for the bus tickets you should ask for the “SITA bus tickets from San Piero a Sieve to Scarperia”,

Feel free to post again for any other question!
    Ciao from Florence

Thank you again! At the trenitalia.com I give the following stations "Departure: Firenze" and "Arrival: San Piero a Sieve"...
    Is that right or I should write "Santa Maria Novella" as the departure station?
    If I book the train tickets there, it will be good or a waste of time?

For the return from the circuit, what is better, to book the train tickets now or when we return from the circuit with the bus and we are at the station?
    I guess that there will be a small chaos, so it would be better to book them online now, am I right?

And some more questions, not so relative to the circuit!
    We are planning to go with the car to Rome (on Friday, after our arrival from the airport) and we are trying to find the best way to go to the centre without many problems.
    So we say to go here to park the car and take the subway to go Colosseum and other monuments till afternoon and then go back, take the car and go to Florence...
    What to you say, is that a good idea?

Sorry for the off topic!

Last edited by Tomahawk; June 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM.

Ciao!
    On the Trenitalia website you just need to digit “firenze” for the departure and “San Piero a Sieve" as arrival; on the results page you can see the abbreviation “FI.SMN” that stands for Florence’ s Santa Maria Novella station. Buying tickets online is a good idea I highly recommend so to avoid possible queues if you buy them at Florence’s station, the same for the returning tickets.

As for Rome, I suppose you are picking up a rental car from a company at the airport. I suggest you pick the car up at the end of your Rome tour, in the afternoon, if you can. Once arrived at Fiumicino Airport, the best and less expensive option would be to take the Leonardo Express train that will take you right at the Termini Train Station in Rome center. The train rides every hour and the cost of the ticket is around 10 Euro.

Parking your car all day may be quite expensive in Rome. Of course, in case you prefer to park your car or you need to pick it up only in the morning, then I agree with your choice to park in Via Ostiense:-)

Feel free to post again
    Have a nice day!

Default is it feasible to travel from rome

Hi, I am looking at coming to the moto gp at mugello in 2012, but would love to stay at rome and wondered if its possible to do the 2 trips in 1?! Is it feasible to travel from Rome to Mugello and if so how long would it take. If not feasible where would be the best place to stay? cheers

Ciao Calbrad,

You can definitely include Rome in your trip but how many days total will you have in Italy?

I ask because using Rome as your base to get to the Moto GP would NOT be ideal, as the drive from Rome to the Mugello (the track is right outside of Scarperia) is over a 3 hour car ride........ add the traffic factor for the event itself, you're looking at at least 4 hours each way. I think you could very well miss the race if you get caught in it!

So the best solution would be to stay in the Mugello area (the weekend gets sold out pretty early on in the season, in terms of the hotels and B&Bs in Mugello, so if you want to do this start making plans and make your reservations soon). If you stay in the Mugello, you'd waste less time getting to the race and make the most of the weekend's festive air. Another good solution would be to stay in Florence. From earlier posts on this thread, you can see that it is easy to get to the race track on public transportation - I'd recommend the trains - to avoid the traffic. You can fit in a day or two in Rome either before or after the race. The fast trains from Florence to Rome get there in about 1.5 hours .
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default Re: Public Transport to Mugello Race track

Hi,

I will be on a family holiday in the Venice area when this years MOTOGP is on. We will be using public transport throughout our holiday and wondered if it is possible to get from Venice to Mugello by using either train, bus or coach?

We arrive in Venice on the Friday before the race so can travel on either the Saturday or early Sunday morning.

Any advice on which train/bus service to use would be most welcome (as well as advice on the return trip).

I don't want to hire a car or a motorbike as I understand the traffic/parking will be chaos.

Many thanks in advance

Default taking train to the MotoGP

You can certainly get to Mugello by train and is actually the best option, for the reasons you already know -too much traffic otherwise.
    Check schedules on www.trenitalia.com - for fast travel the morning of, the best option might be to take a fast train from Venice to Bologna and then take a train to Borgo San Lorenzo. That's the name of the town closest to the race track with a train station (the track is just outside the town of Scarperia); from Borgo San Lorenzo, there will be special bus shuttles that take people to the race track all weekend long.
    Are you planning to return to Venice the same day? Once you check the train schedules you'll be better able to plan whether that will be doable or too tiring to fit travel back at the end of the day.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default Re: taking train to the MotoGP

Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    You can certainly get to Mugello by train and is actually the best option, for the reasons you already know -too much traffic otherwise.
    Check schedules on www.trenitalia.com - for fast travel the morning of, the best option might be to take a fast train from Venice to Bologna and then take a train to Borgo San Lorenzo. That's the name of the town closest to the race track with a train station (the track is just outside the town of Scarperia); from Borgo San Lorenzo, there will be bus shuttles that take people to the race track.
    Are you planning to return to Venice the same day? Once you check the train schedules you'll be better able to plan whether that will be doable or too tiring to fit travel back at the end of the day.
    Many thanks for your kind reply. It looks at though the Ve. Mestre - Bologna Central is the best option. I'll start from there.

Thanks again.

Default Re: Public Transport to Mugello Race track

Hi,

I am staying in Florence for the MotoGP this year and really appreciate the information about transport, it's been very helpful!

I have one question; I have booked/ordered my tickets through the MotoGP.com website, and I have to go to collect my tickets before the weekend.
    It has told me to go to the 'Media Accredition Centre' with an address of:
    'Il Borgonuovo, Via Ilaria Alpi, San Piero A Sieve, 50037'.

How do I get to this centre? Is it on the way to the circuit? I arrive in Florence on Thursday evening and hope to be going to the Friday of free practice, will it take us long to collect the tickets?

Thanks!