www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding planning and costs

Ciao bellab and Lorien and Kitty,

I think what you're running against is also a cultural difference - all of the Italian girls I know when they got married went to the hairdressers early that morning to get their hair done, then went to the wedding.... they didn't have the hairdresser go out to wherever they were. When I got married, I was surprised about this and did the same - going to the hairdresser and then from there heading up to the church outside of Florence - and I still paid over 300 euro overall, but I went before and had the style done on me a week before and even had a few highlights put in then.

So I don't you're really necessarily being "ripped off" (aside from that shop charging for a day's business on a Sunday, since they are closed). They just likely have made up cost for going out to wherever you are, seeing it as a great service they do to you by going out to you. Seeing as Adrienne and her assistant are both non-Italian and are specializing in this service, I'd suggest you contact her and see what quote they offer and see if she's available. I've checked out her facebook page and the pics of her brides hairdo's look quite lovely!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

P.S. The quote for 3500 euro minimum spend from the florist IS CRAZY! definitely ask for more quotes from other suppliers, maybe contacting locals directly.... where are you getting married, where's the villa?
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Default FLowers and hair

Hi Lorien and Kitty,

I don't know if you have sorted suppliers yet. I contacted Adrienne and the prices are very reasonable and the images on facebook look great, would recommend getting in touch.

I have also found this flower shop, I just want simple bouquets and table decorations - love the small baskets with white rose and orchid. So this seems perfect and well priced. They seem to deliver all over Tuscany as well. I have contacted them and awaiting a response now.

http://www.fiorit.it/

Isobel

Default Thank you Lourdes

Lourdes, thank you for the tips. I have hopefully found a local supplier with the flowers and have contacted Adrienne who was very prompt in her response.

My wedding is in San Miniato.

Default Photography

Lorien, have you considered your wedding photographer yet? We are an American based husband and wife photography team that travel for destination weddings. Destination weddings have a special place in our heart as we, ourselves, had an international wedding. We offer special rates for destination/international weddings. I would love to hear from you should you consider us a good fit for your wedding. Please feel free to view our work at www.alinathomas.com

Sincerely,
    Alina Thomas Photography

ciao bellab, how is the planning going? things starting to fall together?

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    P.S. The quote for 3500 euro minimum spend from the florist IS CRAZY! definitely ask for more quotes from other suppliers, maybe contacting locals directly.... where are you getting married, where's the villa?

Hi,
    is it a joke? My boyfriend and I want to have a wedding in Italy in future, but when I see this, it makes me sad...

3500 for flowers?

Is there any possibility to arrange everything by myself without wedding coordinators etc.? I believe I can find good prices and don't have to pay somebody else for doing it for me.

Unhappy Wedding in May 2015

Hello, such helpful forum you have going here!

I am getting married in may 2015 in San Casciano In Val di Pesa, near florence, and starting to get obber stressed! I have the venue booked, but not much else.

I have not hired a planner, but seriously considering.

I am wondering if you guys have had any luck finding affordable hair and makeup person and also a florist? I also thought about doing my own flowers... Lourdes, would you happen to know whether the thursday Florence flower market would be a good place to go for fresh cut flowers, or if its more for potted plants? I am thinking seasonal flowers, peonies and other loose fillers.

I am also looking for a string quartet or any strings at all would be great.

Any help and sharing of ideas would be much appreciated!!!

Helpless

Hi,

My name is Yuliya. I've been living in Tuscany for 12 years.

Will glady reply to any questions concerning wedding organization in Italy. You may write me at mydolcefarniente.events@gmail.com

Ciao Yuliya,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for offering assistance on wedding-planning questions!

But if anyone has general questions, please feel free to post here and if Yuliya can answer in general terms from her own personal experience, I think it would be useful to lots of people! This forum is read by thousands every day, and they are read by many who may never post but who appreciate the advice and info.

Once you get into specifics, then definitely take questions through a private channel but in the meantime, stay on here. It has been very useful ever for me to read the estimates and quotes that people have gotten for various services, it gives us all a better idea of what to expect.

Thanks everyone!! :-)

Share and Bookmark!