www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Easter in Siena

H53 is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Smile Easter in Siena

I’m planning to travel to Siena for the Easter weekend. Please could someone tell me if there are any special Easter events due for 2020 and also if any restaurants or food shops are open over the Easter weekend especially the Sunday and Monday?

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

There is generally a large Easter market in Siena but not any particular event other than masses - https://www.discovertuscany.com/tusc...n-tuscany.html

Most restaurants will be open on both days, while grocery stores do close for both days. If you're in an apartment, make sure you buy food ahead of time to have for those days, particularly if you don't want to be out and about on Easter -- restaurants do get crowded and booking ahead is recommended.
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

H53 is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Thank you for your reply. I have one other question.Please could you also tell me if any of the big supermarkets would be open over Easter?

Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    There is generally a large Easter market in Siena but not any particular event other than masses - https://www.discovertuscany.com/tusc...n-tuscany.html

Most restaurants will be open on both days, while grocery stores do close for both days. If you're in an apartment, make sure you buy food ahead of time to have for those days, particularly if you don't want to be out and about on Easter -- restaurants do get crowded and booking ahead is recommended.