1 day Tuscan Tour from Florence in March

kewlmallu

WE are visiting Italy for 1 week vacation in March from Canada and have a couple of days in Florence/Tuscany in March 2020. We were thinking of spending one day on a tour of Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena. Should we go on a tour bus or should we hire a car with a driver (we are not planning on renting a car).
I see several limo tours but they seem quite expensive and i am worried about being sent to some wineyard for an expensive lunch that we wont like very much.
I would prefer to get a safe but not exorbitantly expensive driver and car. Any suggestions?

drivers

Buongiorno -

I can give you the whatsapp for a two drivers and you can check their prices - they both speak English, and I have used all three with friends and family, so they are all reliable:

Beppe: +39 392 140 0056
Simone: +39 334 705 3211

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Francesco from Tuscany Wine & Drive is both a private chauffeur as well as a sommelier - so he can definitely take you to the best wineries!! Here's my interview with him so you can better evaluate whether it works for you:
https://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-car-rental/tuscany-wine-and-drive.html
Consider that private drivers are not a cheap service, and that his service covers both the driving as well as the tour as you go along and the wine tastings, so it is all in one service. Other drivers will just drive, they cannot tell you anything as you go along.

The alternative is also a small group tour - be added on with a few other people and that way you spend a little less as opposed to a large bus tour. Here are a few of those: http://tours.discovertuscany.com/en/8357/search/small group chianti tour

WE are visiting Italy for 1 week vacation in March from Canada and have a couple of days in Florence/Tuscany in March 2020. We were thinking of spending one day on a tour of Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena. Should we go on a tour bus or should we hire a car with a driver (we are not planning on renting a car).
I see several limo tours but they seem quite expensive and i am worried about being sent to some vineyard for an expensive lunch that we wont like very much.
I would prefer to get a safe but not exorbitantly expensive driver and car. Any suggestions?

I think a group guided tours would be the best for you, though not exactly cheap but still the best bet, a lot safer and you will cover all the major attractions within the stipulated time period

Hey buddy!!! If you have limited budget, then I would recommend you to try local transportations. For a day don't rush to see all the spots, but make a list of a few places you could explore easily. If I am at your place I would prefer to explore Siena and Pisa by local ways. Because they both are easy to reach through local transportations and without worrying about expensive food places or being a part of a group where I have to change mine plans. I will move accordingly as my pocket can bear. Will eat local, travel locally and will learn more in this way.