A fall project called “Tuesdays in Art” is offering special evening opening times including free entry into several large state museums in order to promote the knowledge of the large cultural patrimony Italy possesses to new audiences.
The special openings take place the evening of the last Tuesday of the month from now until December, from 7pm and 11pm. Take advantage this Tuesday, October 26th or on November 30th or December 28th.
In Tuscany, these are the locations that will be open:
– Basilica di San Francesco, Piazza S. Francesco
– National Museum of the Napoleon Residences “Palazzina dei Mulini”, Piazzale Napoleone – Portoferraio
– National Museum of the Napoleon Residences “Villa di San Martino”, locality of San Martino near Portoferraio
– Uffizi Gallery, Via Della Ninna
– Accademia Gallery, Via Ricasoli
– Medici Chapels, Piazza Madonna degli Aldobrandini
– Gallery of Modern Art, Piazza Pitti
– Palatine Gallery, Piazza Pitti
– Bargello Museum, Via del Proconsolo
– San Marco Museum, Piazza S. Marco
– Davanzati Palace, Via Porta Rossa
About Lourdes Flores
An American living in Florence for over 10 years, Lourdes continues to explore and discover new places in Tuscany with the eyes of a tourist but with the experience of living in Italy. She shares her experiences on this blog and website, particularly offering lots of travel planning help on the Forum!